After skipping last week due to a general lack of info, I’m here with an updated version of my first Timeline! Version 2 has a couple updates and one change from version 1.
Any previously mentioned info that isn’t changed or further reinforced may just get a slight description this time or just what comic I’m taking this from. So if you want more details on something, check out the first timeline.
7 or 8 years ago
6 years ago
- Joker first appears: Detective Comics #1
5 years ago
- Superman arrives in Metropolis: Still probably closer to 5.5 years or maybe even 6. Mostly Action Comics #1.
- Victor Stone becomes Cyborg: It hasn’t happened yet, but it seems clear from the Justice League #1 cover he’ll soon become Cyborg.
- Justice League begins: Pretty much same story as Victor Stone; Justice League #1
3 years ago
- Barbara Gordon paralyzed/becomes Oracle: Batgirl #1
2 years ago
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: I originally had this listed as Blackest Night that ikeebear from this blog and someone on Gaia Online took as being COIE. This is first set up (hinted at) in Hawk and Dove #1. Besides the difference in opinion, I’m also changing this to COIE due to Nightwing #1 stating Dick had just started as Nightwing again after a year of being Batman and Bruce wasn’t around for Blackest Night.
1 year ago
- Bruce Wayne “dies”: Only a slight bit of guesswork. Nightwing #1, as previously mentioned, put Dick becoming Batman about a year back. In it Grayson also states that it was for he’d “been filling in as Batman while Bruce Wayne was… away.” So unless this relaunch changes what happened to Bruce that made Dick step in as Batman, then that means Bruce “died” or rather got trapped in time about a year ago.
- Final Crisis happened: This is a little more tentative, but assuming Bruce Wayne’s reason of being “away” is the same, then this puts Final Crisis a year back considering it is when Bruce got hit by Darkseid’s Omega Beam.
- Dick Grayson became Batman: This is actually just a little under 1 year ago, as placed by Nightwing #1.
- Damian Wayne becomes Robin: As Damian became Robin just after Dick put on the cowl, this fits in at just under a year ago.
- Tim Drake becomes Red Robin: Like with Damian becoming Robin, Nightwing #1 also puts this time as when Tim became Red Robin.
Less than a year back
- Superboy was created (~4.5 months ago): Superboy #1 starts off timing Superboy’s time in the lab before he escapes at “three months, sixteen days, four hours and fifty-three seconds” before jumping to “One month later.” So, give our take a few day that places him as having been created 4.5 months ago.
- Blackest Night: Okay, very tentative and I don’t even have a guess at how long ago it happened besides that it wasn’t a full year back. My understanding though is BN is still part of this new DC’s history though and it happened while Dick was Batman, so somewhere in this period BN should have happened.
If people haven’t noticed, I am leaving the very recent events off this timeline or else it would just get clogged up with everything that is currently going on. Also again I’d like to thank the other bloggers here for helping me with placing events along with GLJordan on Gaia Online for (along with ikeebear here) for pointing out I originally had Blackest Night at the wrong place in the timeline. I’ll put up a new version the next time there is enough information to do so.