After skipping last week due to a general lack of info, I’m here with an updated version of my first Timeline! Version 2 has a couple updates and one change from version 1.
Any previously mentioned info that isn’t changed or further reinforced may just get a slight description this time or just what comic I’m taking this from. So if you want more details on something, check out the first timeline.
7 or 8 years ago
- Batman starts? This is still guess work mostly off of Justice League #1 and Detective Comics #1.
6 years ago
- Joker first appears: Detective Comics #1
5 years ago
- Superman arrives in Metropolis: Still probably closer to 5.5 years or maybe even 6. Mostly Action Comics #1.
- Victor Stone becomes Cyborg: It hasn’t happened yet, but it seems clear from the Justice League #1 cover he’ll soon become Cyborg.
- Justice League begins: Pretty much same story as Victor Stone; Justice League #1
3 years ago
- Barbara Gordon paralyzed/becomes Oracle: Batgirl #1
2 years ago
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: I originally had this listed as Blackest Night that ikeebear from this blog and someone on Gaia Online took as being COIE. This is first set up (hinted at) in Hawk and Dove #1. Besides the difference in opinion, I’m also changing this to COIE due to Nightwing #1 stating Dick had just started as Nightwing again after a year of being Batman and Bruce wasn’t around for Blackest Night.
1 year ago
- Bruce Wayne “dies”: Only a slight bit of guesswork. Nightwing #1, as previously mentioned, put Dick becoming Batman about a year back. In it Grayson also states that it was for he’d “been filling in as Batman while Bruce Wayne was… away.” So unless this relaunch changes what happened to Bruce that made Dick step in as Batman, then that means Bruce “died” or rather got trapped in time about a year ago.
- Final Crisis happened: This is a little more tentative, but assuming Bruce Wayne’s reason of being “away” is the same, then this puts Final Crisis a year back considering it is when Bruce got hit by Darkseid’s Omega Beam.
- Dick Grayson became Batman: This is actually just a little under 1 year ago, as placed by Nightwing #1.
- Damian Wayne becomes Robin: As Damian became Robin just after Dick put on the cowl, this fits in at just under a year ago.
- Tim Drake becomes Red Robin: Like with Damian becoming Robin, Nightwing #1 also puts this time as when Tim became Red Robin.
Less than a year back
- Superboy was created (~4.5 months ago): Superboy #1 starts off timing Superboy’s time in the lab before he escapes at “three months, sixteen days, four hours and fifty-three seconds” before jumping to “One month later.” So, give our take a few day that places him as having been created 4.5 months ago.
- Blackest Night: Okay, very tentative and I don’t even have a guess at how long ago it happened besides that it wasn’t a full year back. My understanding though is BN is still part of this new DC’s history though and it happened while Dick was Batman, so somewhere in this period BN should have happened.
If people haven’t noticed, I am leaving the very recent events off this timeline or else it would just get clogged up with everything that is currently going on. Also again I’d like to thank the other bloggers here for helping me with placing events along with GLJordan on Gaia Online for (along with ikeebear here) for pointing out I originally had Blackest Night at the wrong place in the timeline. I’ll put up a new version the next time there is enough information to do so.
Great stuff as always. Helps to keep n00bs like me up to speed. So is Crisis on Infinite Earths parts of the setup of the DCnU still?
It appears so at this moment. Granted, COIE has not been specifically mentioned yet in any of the comics and offhand I don’t recall it being stated to be (or not be) part of DC’s new history. But for now at least if we are to assume Dawn’s death story is the same then that does put that event at 2 years back.
Biggest problem I have with this is COIE is the first Crisis event. There are 4 other Crisis events that basically encompassed all of DC that may possibly be crammed into a year time then. I say a year time with my new assumption Final Crisis being 1 year back. But then the only Crisis event I recall being stated in an interview to be still part of history is Identity Crisis – I haven’t seen/heard any interviews so far stating about the other Crisis events. With DC’s relaunch apparently erasing the last Teen Titans from history (most signs at least point to that) that could also help point that Infinite Crisis no longer happened as that Teen Titans team played a major role in it.
I’m starting to get tired though and may not even be answering your question right here XD Don’t worry though about not getting this due to being a “n00b” as I’m doing this timeline mostly for I’m confused to this timeline and how things will fit in. That matter I don’t think anyone (old or new to DC) has a clear idea how things will fit in.
I read somewhere that Blackest Night, Brightest Day, and Identity Crisis have taken place in the new universe. Also, War of the Green Lanterns for GL’s backstory. But what I really want to know is if events such as Knightfall happened in Batman’s timeline. Did Superman die, and if so, was it by Doomsday? I haven’t seen anything regarding those two historic events. As far as Crisis on Infinite Earths, I don’t see how that story fits. I don’t know, but I really do like the new stuff!
I’m mainly listing things that have been stated or at least hinted pretty strongly at in comics in the timeline. Not sure about Superman but interviews for the relauch have stated most of Green Lantern and Batman (plus his male Robins at least) history is intact so I’d assume so on Knight Fall. In regards to you having read somewhere about BN, BD, and especially ID Crisis happening though, I suggest you look at version 2.1