So DC gave us a “relaunch” where bits are the same, others erased, and the general timeline crunched down due to de-aging many (but not all) of the characters. Due to this I at least am very confused on how everything fits in. So with the help of the other bloggers, I’ve decided to piece together a timeline.
This is something I plan on updating and putting out a new version every time I can. Some weeks may not give enough information to warrent a new version though so a new timeline may not be posted weekly. Other bits will be deduced from hints and hopefully narrowed down better with later issues. Also, if we missed something that relays when an actual event happened, please make a comment! We can’t always read every release or may just miss something.
Seven or Eight years ago
- Batman starts? This one is purely guess work, but I’m guessing seven or eight years back. Ten I think would be best really as Damian will still be around and I’m guessing is still ten years old, but we don’t know for certain. Either way, at the start of Justice League #1 Hal is shocked Batman is real and even for Batman I think it would be hard to keep himself in the dark for five years but two or three wouldn’t be that bad. More so, Joker has been around for six and assuming Joker’s origin story is the same then Batman would have to be around before Joker. I do hope later Batman issues will put a better time for this.
Six years ago
- Joker first appears: This one is clearly stated in Detective Comics #1 as Batman claims “One-hundred fourteen murders over the past six years.” He is refering to the Joker and unless Joker was around longer than that but not killing people or Batman just never kept count at the start (both of which I doubt), then it’s pretty clear Joker has been around for six jolly years!
Five years ago
- Superman arrives in Metropolis: This is probably more like five and a half years ago, maybe even six. Two main indications is Action Comics #1 claims that Superman has been in Metropolis for six months, and not just once in the pages. The other is in Justice League #1 Superman is in his actual costume and Justice League #1 he’s already in his more Superman costume. So those two puts it really at five and a half years at least, maybe a bit more but I doubt that.
- Victor Stone becomes Cyborg: Not fully known yet but as we know Cyborg will be part of the JL team and he was featured in Justice League #1 as a normal human, well I think its safe to assume he’ll become Cyborg very soon.
- Justice League begins: This again comes from Justice League #1 as the starting pages puts the story five years in the past and we see the team is just starting to meet up, well again its pretty certain the team started five years ago.
Three years ago
- Barbara Gordon is paralyzed and becomes Oracle: Batgirl #1 puts The Killing Joke incident three years back. So Babs being paralyzed happened three years ago and I think it should be safe that it didn’t take long before Babs became Oracle after the incident.
Two years ago
- Blackest Night happened: This one is a bit tentative. I say that because it comes from the pages of Hawk and Dove #1 that had our blogger ikeebear at least uncertain of the timeline. Still, Deadman said “You’ve been partners with this guy a couple of years …” refering to Hank and Dawn. Past interviews stated Blackest Night at least is still part of this history and Hank got resurrected at the end of it (not to mention Holly – the second Hawk – died during Blackest Night). So the team up of Hank and Dawn would have started just after the events of Blackest Night. This also fits with Barbara being paralyzed three years ago for during the Blackest Night events she was still paralyzed and acting as Oracle.
DCnU Timline V2 – new version!