Wow, this almost feels like an issue packed to the gills with action, exposition and drama… just like a real event comic should! The first few pages consist of the skrully Jessica Drew explaining to Tony Stark that the war is already over and that Earth has lost.
The next section deals with the sheer awesomeness of the HAS-TO-BE-HUMAN Black Widow.
Then, Widow gets about as close to shaking Stark out of his Skrull-induced paranoid delusion as one can get with a rather simple, yet effective call to arms.
Maria Hill has a similar, yet infinitely more embarrassing moment. I hope she gets her revenge. I know people hate her, but I really want to her redeem her naiveté.
Thoughts right now:
• Glad Phoenix was a Skrull. Too stupid if she wasn’t.
• Sad that Beast was. I liked the idea of getting the old Beast back.
• Maria Hill and Agent Brand need to team up! It can be all about proving how empowered women in comics can be.
• Tony needs some new armor. Like, he needs to cobble together something new or put on an old standby. Basically, he needs to get his shit together.
• Thor and Bucky? WOW!
• Black Widow is the coolest Avenger of all-time. “Look, I’m just gonna kill everyone. Sorry.”
• …and Jarvis is the pimp of the year. Have they explained which Skrull he is? I hope he’s like Paibok or something cool.
If you can’t tell, this issue rocked!