…and then there was ACTION, and there was TONS of it, and it was GOOD.
Tom Cruise to World: “Everybody chill! Scientology will save us!”
Which Delegation? The ones that kicks your ass!!!
Yes, when forced with the choice, I too would pick explosive decompression.
“OH HAI, Jarvis the Skrull.”
…and then Maria Hill brings the comeuppance big times! (Also, add another Helicarrier to The List!)
Eh, sorry for choking you out, weird green-haired lady.
Tony is still alive… barely.
“Oh, uh… this is awkward.”
That’s some cold-blooded shit, Clint.
I’m sure they could have made it work, if only he’d been willing to try… but Clint wants “man-flesh”!
• So sad for Clint and Bobbi…
• Jessica Jones Skrull eaten by Zabu? GROSS.
• Tom Cruise!
• Agent Brand can tap into The Bullet Time now?
• I want to make-out with Maria Hill, STAT!
• The Tony vomit panel should have been a full page splash.
• Sue Storm Skrull has the worst dialogue in ages and it totally fits.
• I really would have liked to hear more about Skrull Thor’s plan…
Okay, this was a good one. Secret Invasion, for me, finally pays off the way it’s supposed to. This is great mindless summer fun. I’m annoyed that the Avengers are still in the Savage Land after five issues, but at least Bendis finally answered most of the “Who’s a Skrull” questions. Judging by the cover (Cap/Thor/Iron Man!) and the direction of the plot, issue six should be even better! So, despite the quote unquote slow start, Secret Invasion may turn out to be a satisfying read after all. Hope springs eternal, as they say.