This book is just shameful. Everyone that took a paycheck for this dreck should be ashamed of themselves. Dear Judd Winick, I hate you. You are a bad, bad writer. You used to be decent, I used to like you! Now, you just litter your books with stupid things. Stupid things like:
• Nightwing breaks his fall with a batarang. Lameness ensues.
• Nightwing protects his anus from silly S&M villains.
• Gratuitous nudity. Why. Does the plot. Call for. This?
• Note to Ian Chruchill: Learn to draw new faces.
• Not every superhero’s bike needs side mounted missiles.
• Beast Boy can turn into pretty much any animal and this is the best you can come up with?
• This page is just WRONG. The Number one reason not to “wack it” in the shower.
• Wally gets weird orange goo but Donna gets tentacle porn?
• Is this really what Robin thinks about? His team’s mission statement?
• Note to Batman: Trim your cape. It’s embarrassing.
• Powerboy is dead? Wait, this one should go in the “pro” column. Sorry.
Can it get worse? Yeah, I’m already pre-ordered on the first three issues, I think. The one downside to ordering two months in advance, you usually have nothing to go by but the writer or artist’s reputation and the purposefully vague advanced solicits. To be honest, I did know about the silly Starfire nude scenes before I ordered, but I was hoping it was just one of those lame first issue stunts that writers pull to get people on board. I was hoping the rest of the issue would make up for it. I was hoping Winick’s writing had improved. I should have been hoping for a re-solicit due to lateness so I could cancel my orders. BLARGH.